Monday, March 22, 2010

Casio SNK-200



This is one of my favorite watches, the Casio SNK-200
It seems a plain digital watch but it has a depth sensor. It gives you the current depth, the max. depth and the diving/snorkeling time. 
After your dive your are able to recall the max. depth, the average depth and the total dive time.
The production of this watch was started beginning of 90's and the retail price was around 130USD. It has two SR927W/SG7 batteries, easy to change by removing the 4 screws of the back plate.
It is not easy to get one of these watches in an acceptable status, most of them were destroyed by young people or hardly used by spearfishing people.
This one is a quite strange model, it is the SNK-200, not the more usual SNK-100. I really don't know the differences between these two models, the screen is different (10 bar instead of 100m) but the SNK-100 manual I have has the same features I can find on my SNK-200.
That's all! I hope this summer I will be able to test the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment