Sunday, March 21, 2010

Design Tip - 0


On this section I will try to post some tips of plastic part design. I've been working designing plastic parts for a long time so I have some experiences that can help people to improve their designs.

I also want to learn from other people reading their comments or trying to answer their questions. So feel free to comment, ask or correct!

I'm used to design small plastic parts for automotive market, working for several UE and US brands. Actually I'm working on motorbike helmet industry, so I'm applying my knowledge to a less developed industry and learning about fiber (never stop learning!).

I hope this section of the blog could help you.

2 comments:

  1. I just found out about that blog and I am surprised that no one left any messages so far. I am designing plastic parts for some time now but I only learnt by experience (because I'm not a plastic engineer per say) and I think this can be very usefull for people like me (and I'm sure there are many). If you are still keeping this blog alive, please let me know because I might ask a few questions when facing difficulties.

    PS: I'm French, so my English might not be perfect. Sorry in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I'm also surprised about the lack of comments. I've also looked for information about plastic part design on the net, and it is quite difficult to find interesting information.
    I stopped to add more information on this "Design Tips" sub-section of the blog because I had very few visits to these pages :(

    PS: Don't worry about the English, I'm from Barcelona so this is not my mother tongue. You could write in French if you want but I won't answer using this language, I'm not using French since my last projects with PSA long time ago :)

    PS2: Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete