Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jenny watch

A new dirty watch arrived today. This time is not a digital watch, it is a Swiss made automatic watch. 
I think I won't ever have a Jenny Caribbean watch, so I bought a Jenny watch but not a Caribbean. 
The watch has a ETA 2789 caliber, 25 jewels day-date caliber.
I tried my new ultrasonic cleaner but this watch is too dirty for this modern devices so I will need to go to the traditional cleaning ways, it will take more time but I hope I will be able to clean it.
Here you are the watch. 



At this moment the watch is disassembled and I'm trying to clean it. You can see the dirt of the case in the following picture.




The only thing that is correctly cleaned is the glass. It is a plexi glass that is polished using Xerapol and is ready to be installed on the watch


I will post more pictures of the Jenny watch cleaning process, that seems to be loooooong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment