Friday, November 12, 2010

Casio GF-1 first Casio game watches

Few days ago 2 new watches arrived at home, very strange Casio model and 2 of them! 
The watches are the Casio GF-1, a basketball watch, quite difficult to see. It has few functions but when the right button is pressed a "fantastic" music sounds and a guy appears playing basket on he screen. Useful? NO! but nice&nerd :)
Unformtunatelly both LCD screen have some leaks, quite big bu not big enough to hide the important parts of the screen.
One of the watches had the PCB partially destroyed so I had to reconstruct it using thin cables... I know, welding is not for me but it works :)

3 comments:

  1. I've got GF-11, well actually it's broken now. Got it 1984 as a gift. I was 6 years old then it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Wanna sell me one of those? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any GF11, just the GF1. If you want to buy any of them please sendme an email (ttravesa@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what the battery is inside the Casio GF-11?

    ReplyDelete