Sunday, August 15, 2010

Diving accident in Tarragona

04.08.2010 – Escullera Port Tarragona

A dive I will not forget. The plan was to go to the end of Tarragona's Harbor, a place with a depth of around 30m.

The day started bad a 12 liter steel bottle fall over my foot, over my finger! Ahhhhhh! Yes! It was a painful experience, not a good beginning for a dive day. My finger became blue in seconds but some minutes after the pain was not so important to abort the dive, it seemed the finger was not broken so we went to dive.

The visibility was not so good, as usually on this area, and there was an important drift. Two bad friends for a paceful dive.

We started to go down without any problem but at the middle of the descent my buddy and me loose all the other divers! As already said, bad visibility and an important drift were the root cause of the lost. We tried to find the other people, the visibility was not so bad at 25m but we were not able to find the other people. Even we were able to continue the dive we decided to abort it and 15 minutes was the total dive time of such unforgettable day.

Hopefully the finger was not broken (at leas I think is not broken) so it was not the last dive of the summer :)

The picture is my finger the day after the accident, a little bit better than the previous day. Not a nice picture :( I post it in the smallest size...

No comments:

Post a Comment